Anyone interested in employment with Johnson City Schools must have a completed application on file through FastTrack. Paper applications are not accepted. You must complete your entire application and submit all the required documents. You will not be considered for any position until we have received your complete application.
- If you have questions about the application process, call (423)434-5207.
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- See below for instuctions on using our new application software FastTrack.
Thank you for your interest in Johnson City Schools.
- Click Here to view our Current Job Openings.
- Click to view "current job openings".
- Select any filters that will help you narrow your results.
- Click "Search For Posted Positions".
- Select one or more positions for which you would like to apply.
- Click "Apply for Selected Position(s)".
- Log In if you have already created an user account.
- Otherwise create an user account by filling out the "New User" portion of the popup window.
- You can edit your application and add documents.
- Please remember to click "Submit" to save your changes.
The Board of Education recognizes that the employment of highly qualified personnel is essential if quality education is to prevail for students of the school systems. In order for the Board to provide a well-qualified staff capable of designing, implementing, and evaluating of educational programs, the following goals are adopted:
- Selection, employment and retention of the best qualified personnel available.
- Provision of attractive compensation and benefits as well as other provisions for staff welfare.
- Deployment of personnel in the most effective way to achieve the goals of the Board of Education.
- Provision of professional growth opportunities for all employees designed to contribute both to the improvement of the educational program and to career development aspirations of the staff.
- Development of a climate in which optimum staff performance, morale, and satisfaction are produced.
- Involvement of staff in planning, decision making, and evaluation.
- Development and updating of job descriptions by appropriate administrators.
- Use of the state evaluation program which will contribute to the continuous improvement of staff performance and educational programs of the school system.
The Johnson City Public School System does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age or handicap in any of its educational or employment programs or activities.