1. Your child must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2017.
Parents of children who are five from August 16, 2017 and until September 30, 2017, may register their child and request the child be assessed for kindergarten readiness. Arrangements will be made for this assessment to take place in June.
2. Attend Registration Day at the school for which you are zoned.
3. Bring the following documents. (NOTE: Your child's registration is not complete until ALL of the following requirements are met):
a. Proof of Age Affidavit (i.e., Birth Certificate-mother/hospital copy, hospital letter, etc.)
(please bring a copy to be kept in permanent school record)
Note: Copies of Birth Certificates may be obtained daily from the
Washington County Health Dept. (219 Princeton Rd.)
Please call for an appointment (975-2200). (TN residents only).
b. Tennessee Certificate of Immunization (white form from Health Dept. or private provider)
• Immunization Record which includes the following:
• 5 DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus) *(4 if dose given after 4th birthday)
• 4 polio (4th dose must be after 4th birthday)
• 3 hepatitis B
• 2 hepatitis A
• 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
• 2 Varicella (chicken pox—immunization or proof of disease)
• Health examination, signed by health care provider and dated after 8-1-2016. (Appointments for examinations should be made as soon as possible).
c. Copy of child's social security card (if a social security number is unavailable, the school will assign a Personal Identification Number or PIN)
d. Proof of residency/address: lease, water or power bill
If you miss Registration Day, return completed forms to the school office as soon as possible.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION/DATES LISTED BELOW:
- Fairmont (434-5275) April 6, 2017
- Mountain View (434-5260) April 10, 2017
- South Side (434-5289) April 11, 2017
- Woodland (434-5267) April 20, 2017
- North Side (434-5249) April 12, 2017
- Cherokee (434-5281) April 18, 2017
- Lake Ridge (610-6030) April 21, 2017
- Towne Acres (854-4800) April 13, 2017
9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
1:00 - 3:00 p.m.